WHAT IS DENGUE FEVER?
- Dengue is a harmful infectious disease caused by the dengue virus
- The disease spraeds through the bite of the Aedes mosquito
- No specific medication is avaiable at present to treat the disease. Therefore, prevention is very important
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS
- Sudden onset of high incessant fever.
- Red spots on the skin.
- Severe pain in the bones, muscles, joints, eyeball and head.
- Haemorrhage in the body, nose and mouth.
- Loss of appetite.
- Stomach pain
If you have the above symptoms, seek immediate treament. "NO AEDES, NO DENGUE"
WAYS TO DESTROY AEDES
- Cover all water storage containers and add larvicide such as TEMEPHOS into the water to kill the larvae.
- Change the water in flower vases every week. Dispose water from base plates of flower pots and clean them once a week.
- Inspect rain gutters and ensure no blockage or water collection.
- Collect all containers that can hold water, such as can and bottles and dispose off at dessingnated places.
DESTROY ADULT AEDES MOSQUITO
- Spraying of aerosol to kill or repel the adult Aedes mosquitoes.